OBLIVION SHARD RULES OF CONDUCT
While you are a member of the shard, you must abide by the following rules. If you break any of these rules an administrator may terminate your account immediately. These rules are by no means comprehensive. While we could list every little thing that is illegal, it would take a very long time. This is not congress, and we will not have a 400 page rule book. Use some sense. If what you're doing is similar to something listed here as illegal, most likely it is. Again, if you have to think about whether or not a certain action is legal, then it probably isn't.
Page a staff member with specific questions if you're not sure.
1. This is a game. HAVE FUN!
2. Staff has the final say - If a staff member requests that you refrain from doing something that is not explicitly outlined on this page do it. Only Shard Admin may overrule a Staff decision. If you feel you must contact an Admin regarding an issue do so via email. Oblivion shard Admin email is moc.liamtoh|drahsnoivilbo#moc.liamtoh|drahsnoivilbo.
3. This is a family oriented shard. As such, please do not use language that is sexually explicit or may be considered offensive in public or over world chat (WC). This includes, but is not limited to unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, obscene, anatomically descriptive, sexually descriptive, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language. This includes any form of swear of cuss word, including languages other than English. "Creative spelling" or the replacing of letters with symbols in such words is also forbidden.
If you would not use that language at a job interview, around all your family at holidays, meeting your date's Mom and Dad for the first time or at a social function where you didn't know everyone, then it is probably not suitable for Oblivion.
4. You may not harass, threaten, cause distress, or discomfort to another player or staff member. If you have a personal issue with another member of this shard, please keep it out of the game and off the shard website environment. This includes sharing the identity of Staff Members' player characters with other players; if you do not have express permission from the Staff Member in question, revealing the identity of their toon to another player is a bannable offense whether done in the Oblivion environments or elsewhere.
5. You may not organize any guilds or groups that are based on any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.
6. Unconsented killing (PK) or harming of another player is allowed in Felucca ONLY. Doing so anywhere other than Felucca is intolerable and IS NOT PERMITTED! There is no exception to this. Killing ANY PLAYER, inlcuding guildmates, outside of Felucca is not permitted. Calling the Guards in town will be considered a form of pk'ing, as is luring animals and monsters to players that are doing unattended macros.
Do NOT attack staff unless specifically invited to do so.
Do NOT block movement of a player or monster by use of an item or bug, including LOS (line of sight) issues.
Felucca is a dangerous facet where you may be killed or stolen from by other players. By going there you accept the risks. Staff will not intervene if you go to Felucca and are killed or stolen from. YOU are responsible for your own safety.
7. Stealing is allowed in Felucca only - Stealing from players anywhere other than Felucca or stealing from another player's house or their vendor is illegal and will NOT be tolerated. Stealing from non-player vendors is legal. Snooping players anywhere other than Felucca who do not give you permission to do so is also illegal.
8. Looting of players is allowed in Felucca only - Looting of players anywhere other than Felucca is illegal, unless you have the express permission from the dead player to do so in an effort to rescue their items for them or if it is allowed within the context of an event.
9. New players will be given general newbie items in a Welcome pack, (one per account, not per character) and that is all. When you log-in for the first time on the Shard, your New Player Pack will be placed in your bank box.
Each new character will receive a race bag. In your race bag you will receive several blessed clothing items. The bag is newbiefied and holds a limit of 30 items. Anything in it cannot be lost in the event of your death. Due to this, each character will be allowed to have ONLY ONE race bag on them.
10. Any program (UOExtreme) which allows you to gain unfair advantage over other players or the system are illegal. Razor and EasyUO are permissible.
11. Unattended macroing is allowed on the Shard at all times. Please do not do it in public areas, off of town vendors. Etc. All macros must have at least a 3 second delay between actions.
12. You may not post or communicate any player's real life personal information within The Oblivion shard or through The Oblivion Shard web site's message boards.
13. Players are allowed 6 characters on one account that has been properly acquired through the administration of the shard. You are not permitted to give or sell your account to someone else. Utilizing another account (regardless of the owner) to circumvent the 6 character limit is also illegal.
14. Virtue Stones are not to be sold or traded. Virtue Stones are given to a person in recognition for completing a quest or special event, so unless you are there you don't get the reward. As well, the sale or public display of any runes or rune books to quest locations is strictly prohibited.
Virtue Stone Rewards may be sold or traded, unless the particular reward states otherwise.
15. It is illegal to sell/trade or give Veteran awards. These are meant to be a gift from us for the amount of time played. If a player is found wearing or riding such awards and they have not been on the shard for the amount of time needed for them, they will be deleted immediately.
16. Gatehopping is strictly forbidden. Unless you are invited through a gate do not run through to see where it leads.
17. You may not give false information or withhold any information that is required by Oblivion Staff. You are not required to reveal personal real-life information, but if staff asks what you know of an in-game situation or incident, lying or withholding needed information is prohibited.
18. Pages are for in game problems, so please be as specific as possible when paging. Vague and inappropriate pages will be ignored. Do not abuse the paging system. Repeating inappropriate pages will be construed as abuse.
19. Staff members will not taxi you about the realm, resurrect you, give away items or adjust stats and skills without the specific prior approval of shard administration. Do not page staff for this.
20. Personal spawns of any kind are NOT purchasable. So please do not ask.
21. You will not exploit any bug of RunUO while using The Oblivion Shard to gain unfair advantage in the game. All bugs MUST be reported as soon as discovered to shard staff either in game, via ICQ, or through an email.
22. You may not violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation. (Oblivion will not be held liable for it's player's actions, and will cooperate fully with any investigation by any law enforcement agency. In fact we will be VERY helpful, so don't do anything illegal.)
23. You may not use The Oblivion Shard or The Oblivion Shard message boards to market, promote, or advertise anything other than Oblivion in game items, events, etc.
24. You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any messages to or from the server running the Oblivion shard. All access to the servers is logged. All hack attempts will be investigated and reported to the authorities.
THESE RULES WILL APPLY TO ANYONE THAT USES YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU ARE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES (INCLUDING BANNING OF YOUR ACCOUNT) THAT MAY RESULT IF ANY SUCH PERSON BREAKS THESE RULES.
PUNISHMENTS FOR BREAKING ANY OF THESE RULES MAY INCLUDE JAILING OR PERMANENT BANNING FROM THE SHARD.
STAFF HAS THE FINAL SAY ON THE INTERPRETATION OF THESE RULES. IF YOU DON'T LIKE A GM'S DECISION, TAKE IT UP WITH THE ADMIN.
(Last updated Feb 26, 2011)